Montana Ranked #1 in Best and Worst States For Doctors List
We've sure seen some craziness in the last couple of weeks. And you know exactly what I'm talking about if you tried to find toilet paper in a store over the weekend! Sheesh.
With the coronavirus making its way into Montana, and now Missoula, any bit of comforting news is a welcome sight.
WalletHub just released their report on 2020's Best & Worst States for Doctors. The cool part is that Montana is in the top spot. We ranked #1 on the list.
Just to be clear, the list is more focused on where the states rank in appeal for doctors to practice - not exactly which state has the BEST doctors. But if you figure Montana was ranked #1 on the list, and doctors want to work in the state because of what it offers, that can't be anything but beneficial to us all.
Here's some details about the WalletHub report:
To identify the best states for those in the business of saving lives, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 19 key metrics. The data set ranges from average annual wage of physicians to hospitals per capita to quality of public hospital system.
Practicing in Montana (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 16th – Avg. Annual Wage of Physicians (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 18th – Avg. Monthly Starting Salary of Physicians (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 9th – Hospitals per Capita
- 5th – Projected % of Population Aged 65 & Older by 2030
- 11th – Punitiveness of State Medical Board
- 20th – Malpractice Award Payout Amount per Capita
Find the full report HERE.