Thanksgiving Blaze a Missoula Family Home
There's a household in Missoula that has an extra item on the list of things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!
Firefighters were called to a house on the 400 block of Burlington Avenue near Brooks Street on Thursday night to battle an interior fire.
Smoke was pouring out of the home when crews arrived and firefighters were able to put out the blaze.
No injuries were reported. A release from the fire department stated everyone had left the home when crews arrived shortly after 8 p.m.
The release also provided a reminder from Acting Battalion Chief Jeff Kroll for the winter months. "Half of home heating equipment [fire] occurs during the months of December through February. Keep combustible material at least 3 [feet] from heating equipment."
The property damage is estimated at $50,000.