Missoula County Attorney Kirsten Pabst filed charges today, Dec. 28, against Emmanuel Gomez, who is allegedly responsible for the disappearance and death of 26-year-old Charlie Ann Wyrick.

Gomez is being charged with felony deliberate homicide and misdemeanor partner or family member assault.

Court documents filed by Pabst say that the original welfare check on Wyrick was called in to police on Thursday, Dec. 24. Police spoke with co-workers of Wyrick, who said she repeatedly came into work bruised or with other injuries, allegedly by her boyfriend, Gomez. At one point, Pabst said, Wyrick was sent to Community Medical Center where she was treated for bruised ribs and bruising on the right side of her neck. Wyrick told nurses that "her boyfriend beat her up and she did not wish to report it at that time."

"On Saturday, December 19, 2015, at work, Charlie handed a hand-written note to the same co-worker who made the report of her disappearance. The note stated that if Charlie went missing, the co-worker should contact law enforcement and request they search her house," Pabst wrote. "That same day, Charlie told the co-worker that Gomez told her he was going to kill her if she 'pissed him off' any more. Charlie was scheduled to work on December 21, 22, 23, and 24. She did not show up for any of these shifts, nor did she call to report her absence."

The last night Wyrick was seen was on Dec. 20 at her brother's home, but was missing the following morning. On Dec. 21, Missoula police spoke with Gomez and Wyrick's roommate, who told law enforcement he heard screaming and loud thuds coming from upstairs. The roommate went to confront Gomez, only to find out he escaped in his GMC Yukon. "The roommate observed fresh blood on the front steps and blood in the snow right beside where the door of the Yukon was in the driveway."

Police later located Gomez and he appeared in justice court today, Monday, Dec. 28, in Missoula.

City police discovered a missing body yesterday, Dec. 27 in the Deer Creek area. Court documents said "it appeared [Wyrick] had been pushed off the edge of the road and landed about 50 feet off the road."

The investigation is still ongoing. Click here to view the complaint filed by the Missoula County Attorney's Office.

More From 94.9 KYSS FM