Fox – Knokey Introduce Campaign Strategy for Military Veterans
The Tim Fox – Jon Knokey team have introduced their latest strategy paper in the campaign to win the Republican gubernatorial nomination.
During a Facebook live presentation Fox and Knokey spoke of their military heritage and the vital role that veterans play in Montana.
Fox spoke of some of the policies he would pursue if elected Governor of Montana.
“First, we want to explore with the legislature and our stakeholders if it would be fiscally possible to exempt military pay earned by National Guard or Reserve members during military duty,” said Fox. “We also want to promote the state program that allows the donation of state hunting licenses to disabled Montana veterans or other active duty military personnel.”
Fox and Knokey also propose that former military personnel and their training be put to use while living here in Montana.
“In recognizing military technical training and certification for apprenticeship credit, so that Montana veterans and active duty members can use their military experience to get a good job outside the service,” he said. “Plus, if you’re a truck driver in the Army, you should be credentialed to drive a truck when you get home.”
Fox also referenced every veteran’s experience and training with firearms.
“Additionally, every veteran is trained in how to use a firearm,” he said. “The Fox administration will consider ways to streamline the credentialing of concealed-carry permitting in that process for Montana service members. My administration will also work to reduce the heartbreaking suicide rate among our veterans.”
According to Thursday’s press release the Fox-Knokey plan also includes the following points for veterans.
The Montana United Veterans Strategy includes:
- Equity in taxation
- Donation of Hunting Licenses
- Apprenticeship credit for military technical training and certification
- Suicide prevention
- National Guard Activation to State Active Duty
- Disaster and Emergency Services (DES)
- Property Tax Relief for Disabled Veterans
- Coordination with VA and Rural Veteran Cemetery Initiative
- Military Retirement Annuity State Income Tax Exemption
- VA Education Benefit Protections
- Veteran Outreach
- Occupational licensing streamlining
- Elementary and Secondary School transition