A List of CAN THE CATS Events and Donation Locations
It seemed like we were going to be heading into the Can the Cats Canned Food Drive not knowing if a Cat-Griz game, or a Griz football season, would be taking place. With COVID-19 cases continuing to rise, I'm not sure anybody expected to hear news about a schedule being released today. But that was the announcement - the Big Sky Conference announced a shortened season that will take place in the spring and will include a Montana vs Montana State game! Now we just wait and see if we'll actually get to play those games.
Even though the shortened season won't begin until the end of February, we start the annual battle against Bozeman and MSU with the food drive on Friday. There's a bunch of events that will take place around town over the next couple of weeks and there are more drop sites than you probably realize when it comes to places to make donations.
It's hard to believe we're already into November. The holidays are fast-approaching and this year is seeing so many additional people in search of assistance because of unforeseen circumstances. The Missoula Food Bank has seen other fundraising efforts wiped out because of the pandemic this year - so this will be an important couple of weeks as they look for donations.
Check out all the info below for Can the Cat events, donation locations, and ways to help. All this info - and much more - can be found on the food bank's Can the Cats webpage.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Fill a bag!
- Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St.) or any Can the Cats donation drop spot listed below between November 6-20, 2020.
- Host a Food Drive!
- The need for emergency food assistance is growing in our community. Help us keep pace.
- Click here to register your food drive today!
- $1 = 1 lb and every donation counts during this two-week drive. Click here to donate online now! Checks can be made out to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (or Missoula Food Bank) and mailed or delivered to us at 1720 Wyoming St, Missoula, MT 59801. Cash donations also accepted.
- Spread the Word!
- Follow us on Facebook. Share our posts & events. Invite & challenge your friends!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
More info coming soon!
- Friday, November 6th: CAN THE CATS KICK OFF!
- Friday, November 6th • 10 am – 7 pm: Shop with your Pet at Southgate Mall
- We invite you to bring your four-legged friend for an extra-special shopping excursion. While you visit get a FREE Griz pet bandana when you make a purchase at any Southgate Mall store*. All well-behaved and fully vaccinated pets on-leash are welcome. Bring nonperishable food donations to Clock Court for the Can the Cats Kickoff! Click here to learn more.
- Saturday, November 7th – Sunday, November 8th: Can the Cats Amateur eSports Invitational!
- Griz eSports is partnering with the Missoula Food Bank to host the first ever Can the Cats Amateur Invitational! This brawl will be a League of Legends tournament inviting local businesses and communities around Missoula to participate. The tournament will take place Nov 7th and 8th. We will also be hosting several other games throughout the Can the Cats drive like Rocket League, Apex Legends, and of course an exhibition match between UM and MSU! For more information, or to register your company or group of friends for a team, please contact Cale Patenaude at email@example.com.
- Monday, November 9th • 12 pm: Virtual Visit with the E.D.
- Join us for a Virtual Visit with our Executive Director Aaron Brock where we’ll share updates on our programs and services, hear about the changes we’ve made since the start of COVID-19 and get a behind the scenes look at our current operations at MFB&CC. Sign up at https://bit.ly/3jPdPOQ to register for one (or both) of our Virtual Visit dates on Monday, November 9th from 12-12:30pm or Thursday, November 19th from 5:30-6pm. The Login link will be emailed to the address with which you register the morning of the event.
- Tuesday, November 10th • 12 – 6 pm: Stuff the Truck with a $15K Match Opportunity!
- $15K Match Opportunity! Help Stuff the Food Bank Truck in our local food bank’s parking lot at 1720 Wyoming Street. All food and cash donations delivered on 11/10 and donated online will be matched up to $15,000 to help CAN the MSU Bobcats! On Tuesday, Nov. 10, donate online here.
- Sunday, November 15th • 12 – 4 pm: U-District Food Drive with UM Fraternity & Sorority Involvement
- Our friends though the University of Montana Fraternity and Sorority Involvement will be collecting unopened, non-perishable food donations to help us Can the MSU Bobcats this year. U-District residents can place food donations in a bag near a front door of your home for contact-less pick up on Sunday, November 15th. Please have donations set out by 12pm for pick up between 12-4pm.
- Thursday, November 19th • 5:30 pm: Virtual Visit with the E.D.
- Sign up at https://bit.ly/3jPdPOQ to register.
- Friday, November 20th • 8 am – 7:30 pm: WEIGH IN DAY at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center’s back alley donation door (1720 Wyoming Street)
DONATION DROP SPOTS
COMMUNITY DROP SPOTS
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center – 1720 Wyoming St.
- Albertson’s – All Missoula Locations
- Clearwater Credit Union
- Clearwater is offering their members an exciting $10,000 donation match! Give them a call at 406-523-3300 to make a donation from your Clearwater account for Missoula Food Bank & Community Center during the contest period (Nov. 6-20, 2020), and they’ll match donations from their members up to $10,000! Members can also make donations in person at any of their branches, but please note that branch lobbies remain closed and by appointment only due to COVID-19 safety measures.
- The Peak Health & Wellness – All Missoula Locations
- Missoula Organization of REALTORS
- Residence Inn Missoula Downtown
- Missoula YMCA
- Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air at the Missoula International Airport
- CS Porter Middle School
- Community members can drop off donations T-F from 8am-3pm in the main entrance’s vestibule.
- Horizon Credit Union – All Missoula Locations
- Boone Karlberg, P.C.
- PureWest Christie’s Real Estate
- Karl Tyler Chevrolet
- Brio Fitness
- Old Sawmill District
- WGM Group
- Stockman Bank – All Missoula Locations
- Target Range School
- PEAK Health and Wellness
- Southgate Mall
- Apricot Lane Boutique at Southgate Mall
- The Missoulian
UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA DROP SPOTS
- UM Food Pantry
- Office of the President / Main Hall
- University Center Game Room (eSports Hub)
- Iron Griz
- The Market
- Food Zoo
- Food Court
- All Coffee Shops
20 Words and Phrases That Are So 2020