I think living in Montana we've all experienced a little power of the cow permeating the air, right? Well, a herd of them managed to take it to the next level and almost took out their barn in the process. According to Associated Press, a herd of 90 dairy cattle in central Germany released enough methane to cause an explosion. The police say a static electric charge apparently triggered the detonation. Fortunately there was only slight damage to the roof, no people were hurt and only one cow suffered light burns. Authorities also said it was unclear why quantities of methane had built up, but I think any Cow Pat or Patty will tell you bovine belching and flatulence release large quantities of the gas.

The cows' weekly burrito night was immediately cancelled till further notice.  DB