Western Montana Fair – Tuesday – It’s Opening Day of the Fair in Missoula [SPONSORED]
My favorite time of the year — Fair week in Missoula! I’m a carnival junkie, plus I love getting out and seeing friends, family and listeners I haven’t seen in a long time. The fair is just a perfect place to catch up with fellow meat-on-a-stick loving Missoulians. Here’s what’s happening at the Western Montana Fair and Rodeo today, Tuesday, August 6.
- 4-H activities begin at 8 a.m.
- The “Country Fair,” which includes the petting zoo and pony rides, is 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The North Star Carnival begins at 3 p.m. for the first day of the fair. This is a new company handling the rides and they are fantastic! Their rides are newer and their staff is very helpful.
- Tonight’s arena show is Jars Of Clay with Matt Maher & Leon Young
- Today begins the daily demonstrations at the culinary, commercial, photography and floriculture buildings.
- Free stage entertainment runs from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. today.
- Stage 4, which is just west of the free stage, is featuring the “Cutest Show On Earth” at four seperate times today; 2 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- On the west lawn enjoy Leroy’s Zoo 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Kids’ Tractor Pulls at 1:30 p.m., 3 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m..
- KYSS FM afternoon host and Missoula’s sweetheart Denny Bedard will be calling bingo at the Soroptimist booth from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. to help benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Missoula.
And don’t forget, today is “Two Fer” Tuesday! Gate tickets are half price after 1 p.m. Plus there is a “Happy Hour” every day of the fair, so if you go between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. admission is FREE. Keep that in mind for your lunch breaks this week.
This blog is sponsored by the Western Montana Fair and Rodeo. The fair runs from Tuesday, August 6 through Sunday, August 11. It is being held at the Missoula Fairgrounds Events Center, located on the corner of Russell Street and South Avenue. For more information about the fair, visit www.missoulafairgrounds.com/western-montana-fair, check out the brochure or call 406-721-FAIR (3247).