Western Montana Fair – Sunday – Missoula NAPA Demolition Derby + New Carnival [SPONSORED]
Here we are, the final day of the fair. It’s bittersweet, as it means the fun filled week is over and it’s time to get ready to go back to school. But it’s also the best day of the fair because it’s Family Day, which means free admission for everyone.
Here’s what’s happening at the Western Montana Fair and Rodeo today, Sunday, August 11.
- The 4-H exhibit building opens at 11 a.m. with an ice cream social at the dairy barn at noon.
- The “Country Fair,” which includes the petting zoo and pony rides, is 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The North Star Carnival begins at noon. This is a new company handling the rides and they are fantastic! There is a great selection of new rides, with more variety.
- Tonight’s arena show is the Missoula NAPA Auto Parts Demolition Derby hosted by K.C. of 96.3 The Blaze and America’s Tallest DJ Aaron Traylor of 107.5 Zoo FM.
- Daily demonstrations at the commercial, photography and floriculture buildings. Plus, at 3 p.m. in the Culinary Building, there will be “chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!”
- Free stage entertainment runs from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. today.
- Stage 4, which is just west of the free stage, is featuring the “Cutest Show On Earth.”
- Stage 3 features a Cast Iron Chef competition at 1:30 p.m.
- On the west lawn, enjoy Leroy’s Zoo, Kids’ Tractor Pulls, Big Air Insanity Tour and Big Air Wave sessions beginning at 10 a.m. Also, don’t miss the Dock Dogs at 9 a.m. They are a must see!
- Of course, the Montana Tavern Association Beer Garden will be open for bingo & fun for those 21 and older.
Purchase Demo Derby tickets at the Missoula Fairgrounds’ website.
This blog is sponsored by the Western Montana Fair and Rodeo. The fair runs from Tuesday, August 6 through Sunday, August 11. It is being held at the Missoula Fairgrounds Events Center, located on the corner of Russell Street and South Avenue. For more information about the fair, visit www.missoulafairgrounds.com/western-montana-fair, check out the brochure or call 406-721-FAIR (3247).