The First Date Jitters…What to do?
1. Do make eye contact, smile and really focus on what he or she is saying.
2. Don’t ask too many questions. It’s better to let the conversation flow naturally, instead.
3. Do check in with yourself. It’s cute that you’re concerned about their opinion, but what about yours? Are you truly interested in the other person?
4. Don’t take a smoke break. New research shows this is a bigger deal-breaker than checking your cell phone or showing up late.
5. Do stay away from risky topics. Your ex, politics, sex and religion are all big no-no’s. Stick to the weather and reality television. (Lee)