The Dude With the Food: Huckleberry Jello Salad!
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) blackberry or black raspberry Jello
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups huckleberry jam (or whole canned huckleberries if you can find them)
- 8 ounces sour cream (1 cup)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- chopped nuts
Huckleberry Jello Salad Directions
Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Dissolve Jello in boiling water; stir in reserved pineapple juice. Chill until slightly set, about the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Stir in pineapple and huckleberry. Pour into a 9 1/2 x 6 x 2-inch pan; chill until firm. Combine sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar; mix well until smooth and well blended. Spread over Huckleberry Jello salad and top with chopped pecans or walnuts.
Serves 6 to 8.