School Bus Safety
Tuesday is the first day of school for many kids in the Missoula area. Beach Transportation will have almost a hundred buses on the road that day. They take passenger safety very seriously and have a few tips to pass along for motorist, parents and most importantly kids.
- Amber lights let motorists know a bus is about to stop.
- Stop at least 10 feet from the bus when you see flashing red lights and the stop arm extended.
- The above rule applies to vehicles traveling in either direction.
- Parents should walk their kids to the bus stop.
- Stay with the kids until they are on the bus.
- Let the kids know they can ask the bus driver for help if they drop something.
- Be at the bus stop early.
- Wait for the bus away from the road.
- Listen to the driver, follow directions.
- Look both ways before crossing the road.
These are just a few of the safety tips from Beach Transportation; visit their website to find out more.