NASCAR’s Kyle Petty Brings Charity Ride to Missoula
The 23rd anniversary Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America, one of the most successful and popular charity rides in the country, will visit Missoula on May 14th & 15th. If you love NASCAR or helping out children who are are in tough situations this could be perfect for you.
Led by former NASCAR driver and NBC Analyst Kyle Petty, the Ride will take 200 bikers on a weeklong 2,400-mile route from Portland, Oregon to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to raise funds and awareness for Victory Junction – a camp dedicated to providing life-changing camping experiences for children with chronic or life-threatening illnesses.
Since 1995, more than 7,950 riders have logged 11.6 million cumulative motorcycle miles and raised $17.5 million for Victory Junction and other children’s charities. Fans are encouraged to come support the cause and greet riders while they stop in Missoula. Spectators may also purchase memorabilia or contribute to the Ride’s “Small Change. Big Impact.” program.
This year’s Ride will feature several celebrity riders, including:
· NASCAR Hall of Famer and seven-time champion Richard Petty
· NASCAR legends Harry Gant, Hershel McGriff and Donnie Allison
· Former NFL great and ESPN’s 2016 Coaches Poll greatest college football player of all time, Herschel Walker
· Heisman Trophy winner (1980) and Super Bowl champion (XXII) George Rogers
· NBC Sports NASCAR personalities Rick Allen and Rutledge Wood
· Harley-Davidson Museum president, Bill Davidson, who comes from a long list of Harley-Davidson greats starting with his great grandfather who founded the company.