Montanans, Don’t Let Your Horse Poop Ignite
Horse manure bursting into flames! No, I don't think that sounds very pleasant, either.
But according to Associated Press it happened in Throop, New York, thanks to oppressive heat and some careless neighbors. The owners of a horse stable had been storing the manure in large piles, which led to frequent spontaneous combustion in the hot, dry conditions.
You can imagine what lovely scents of summer the neighbors enjoyed with the shifting winds! And it took three local fire departments two hours to get fire under control! I guess it wouldn't hurt to potty-train your horses and get them to flush, folks. And I'm done (com)posting on social media for now. DB