The outdoor burning season begins across Montana on March 1 (Friday) and Missoula County is no exception. Our friends at the Missoula County Fire Protection Association sent us the release today, reminding residents of Missoula County who wish to burn leaves, brush, fields or slash piles, you will need to get a permit. Missoula County issues between 5,000 and 8,000 annually so it's not a tough ticket, but a big key is "activating" the permit on the day you plan to burn. Permits can be obtained on line, or from local fire departments or the City County Health Department. A real helpful gal is MCFPA spokesperson Cindy Super at 542-4321 if you have any questions. Please be safe this season, okay? DB