Missoula with Kids: 20+ Things to Do
Missoula might not be the largest city in Montana, but we sure have the most to do when it comes to activities for kids. Even on the road to and from Missoula, there are numerous places to stop along the way for the wee ones.
We teamed up with our friends over at www.makeitmissoula.com to offer a wide variety of ways to keep the young, and young at heart thoroughly entertained while traveling to Missoula or staying in town. Feel free to add more to the list below!
1) So, the beginning of this list has to be … the carousel. Complete with the Dragon’s Hollow park next door.
2) Going to the M.
3) The Saturday Market is always cool, but I’m not sure how wowed kids would be by that. Except for sugary treats I suppose.
4) Lolo Hot Springs (I know this particular batch of kids enjoys swimming pools).
5) Spectrum Science Center at the University.
6) ”My Clay Studio” (this friend is a potter, so this could be a fun thing just for me and not for all the rest of you. I believe etiquette requires me to say: “neener, neener”).
7) Currents indoor swim park at McCormick park in Missoula.
8) Splash Montana.
9) Missoula Children’s Museum.
10) Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation in Missoula.
11) ”There’s a park in Florence that’s kind of like Dragon’s Hollow too, no carousel but a fun park for younger kids.”
12) Blue Mountain Observatory.
13) “Westside Bowling Lanes on Wyoming off of Russell – by the Good Food Store – it’s the best family bowling alley in town.”
14) A trip to going to the sun road.
14a) The House of Mystery
14b) The Fun Zone
14c) The Itty Bitty Ranch Petting Zoo
14d) The Bison Range
14e) The big water slides in Columbia Falls
15) Garnet Ghost Town.
16) Rockin Rudy’s.
17) Big Dipper Ice Cream.
18) Biga Pizza (especially for the cherry pizza!).
19) Lewis and Clark Caverns.
19a) Butte pit
19b) Dinosaur thing in Bozeman
19c) The old prison tour in Deer Lodge
20) Out to Lunch.
21) Philipsburg: the ghost town, the soda fountain shop, the candy store and the Gem Mountain Sapphire Mine.
22) Something with hang gliding?
23) Hot air balloon stuff?
Subscribe to this YouTube channel and never miss an update: