Getting Your Yard Ready for Winter
It’s inevitable; it’s time to get your yard ready for winter. It’s really a pretty simple set of tasks and you should be able to get it all done in a weekend. OK maybe a couple; after all, it is football season. Here’s a few things that will get you started;
- Rake the leaves, or better yet use a bagging lawnmower.
- Give your lawn a good last mow and it’s OK to leave some mulch.
- Give your lawn some fresh air, aerate it.
- Seed those bare spots.
- Throw some fertilizer (slow release nitrogen is best)on it.
- Give it a quick shot of water to dissolve the fertilizer.
- Blow out your sprinkler system and disconnect your hoses from the house.