Happy Birthday America
Men’s Health Magazine’s upcoming July 4th issue has some very interesting reading about America’s upcoming birthday. Here’s part of the story with some facts:
- 93% of men are proud to be American.
- 39% of men admit to having felt ashamed or embarrassed by their country at least once.
- 50% of men will shoot off their own fireworks.
- 48% of men can’t sing the national anthem at ball games because they don’t know the words.
- The most American food and drink according to the average guy is a hamburger and a Coke. Runners-up is a hot dog and a cold beer.
- 43% say football rules as America’s pastime.
- 25% of men say they don’t know what the American motto “E pluribus unum” means, it translation is “out of many, one.”
- 75% of men claim they could correctly label all 50 states on a blank map.
- Order in which the average guy ranks the big three: God, family and country.