Forbes Says Toby Keith Is Loaded — One of the Richest Musicians Alive
Yesterday Forbes Magazine published an excellent story yesterday morning about Toby Keith written by Zach O’Malley Greenburg. It claimed the Solo Cup lover has made $500 million in his career and regularly makes tens of millions every year. Surprised? Here’s how he does it.
1. Keith has released a No. 1 song every year of his career.
2. Endorsements. He’s got a very lucrative deal with Ford.
3. Investments. For example, he owns a piece of Taylor Swift (I don’t know which piece, but I hope it’s not her hair — that changes all the time. Or her heart… because it’s always breaking).
4. Entrepreneurship. He owns a chain of bars named after his “I Love This Bar” song. He also owns an adult beverage label.
5. Tours. He can make $1 million on a single concert.
According to the article, Keith’s money-making talents are unique in the industry:
FORBES estimates that Keith pulled in $65 million over the last 12 months–more than any musician not named Madonna, Lady Gaga or Bon Jovi, and easily outpacing masters of product extension like Jay-Z ($42 million), Beyoncé ($53 million) and Jennifer Lopez ($45 million)….
Keith has never earned less than $48 million in a year. His cumulative take over that period: $270 million. Over his entire career–Keith has written a No. 1 country hit every year for the past two decades–his total earnings surpass $500 million.”
No wonder Toby loves to sing about America!